Covid 19 pandemic is a never ending battle which we are still witnessing. Covid fatigue is hitting hard and it is time to include exercise and talk about our stress and anxiety. Warnings and infection rates have been swamping for months, hence it is important to hear to the experts. The deadly virus has changed people fundamentally who have been infected and the recovery phase is difficult too. It might lead to complications depending on the body’s immune system. Hence, post Covid it is mandatory to do a follow up check-up with doctor and build immunity to regain the strength.
People infected with mild symptom can recover at home. However, they should seek doctor’s advice regularly. Additionally, any sudden symptoms like headache, chest pain, joint pain should immediately consult doctor and take medications. People are tired and stressed. Moreover, what really kills are the forced confinement and the lack of affection from loved ones and friends. Emotional attachment and talking about it to a healing counsellor might help to recover soon.
As covid-19 cases surge yet again courtesy the third wave fuelled by Omicron variant, the complications that happen post the sickness will undoubtedly make rebound, extending the trial for some patients. The symptoms might trigger from fatigue, cough, joint pain, concentration problems, headache that may trouble for a couple of weeks or more. Post-Covid hair loss is also quite common in post Covid patients.
Healthy tips to follow while recovering from Covid at home
- Get plenty of rest. Get enough sleep and make sure that you are rested well.
- Eat healthy. A balanced diet that consists of carbohydrates, protein and other necessary minerals. Include zinc and fruits in diet.
- Do exercises like brisk walking, yoga, etc. regularly
- Keep an eye on the symptoms like cough, breathlessness, fatigue, fever, etc. One might experience post Covid symptoms such as hair fall, extreme headache, if any symptoms persist for a long time one should seek doctor’s advice immediately
- Avoid self-medication
- Keep emergency needs at home
- Stay at home and avoid going out unless it is emergency
- Practice good health hygiene. Regular handwashing, wearing mask while stepping outside and keep your room clean and disinfectant it regularly.
Once you regain your strength and energy slowly you can start resuming your old routine. However, it is ideal to take it slow and steady.